1. Take a break from your electronics! One of the most seen headaches come from staring at electronics. The most common location these occur is right behind the eyes. One way to readjust your eyes is to go outside or find a window and focus on a small object that is far off in the distance. This will provide relief of the pressure behind your eyes.
2. Avoid Stress: This is easier said than done. While you will always come across stressful situations it is necessary to learn how to react. Headaches are a common result of stressful situations. Relaxation techniques such as yoga, meditation, and regular chiropractic adjustments can help reduce levels of stress.
2. Get out and exercise: Headaches can happen due to lack of activity. It is important to get up and get some outside activity every day. This can include taking a walk or going to the gym. Exercise will increase your blood pressure and allow more blood to get to your brain which will reduce your chances of developing a headache.
4. Eat and sleep on a regular schedule: Fasting or skipping meals can trigger headaches. Make sure you are drinking water throughout the day, and never skip a meal. Lack of sleep can aggravate symptoms, so the recommended 6-8 hours of sleep is extremely important.
5. Get your nervous system checked! When stress and tension build up in the spine, it creates interference and overloads the nerves. This interference is known as a subluxation. Subluxations are the primary cause of headaches and migraines. Specific chiropractic adjustments help restore function and relieve all symptoms.